Just posting to let you guys know I'm still alive! :)
Life has been crazy for me, the way it always gets this time of year, but I'm crossing more things off my To-Do list each day.
I have been working on "Smoke and Mirrors," but it's been slow going. I keep second-guessing myself on this latest chapter (which is the prison escape itself). I keep trying to look at it the way a reader would, and thinking "Oh my God. That's too convenient" or "Wow, that's a coincidence" or "How handy is that, that he has so-and-so at such-and-such a time?" I do have the disclaimer that this is my first try at writing mystery/action, so I guess if it sucks, I already said that it might.
I'm about three-quarters of the way done at this point, so I might just bite the bullet and keep plowing through. If it's bad, so be it.
I started a Christmas Drabble Challenge over at eHPF, so if you want to take part, get your entries in by tomorrow! :)
If I don't post again, I wish you all a very happy holidays and I hope you'll be spending it with people you love. I know I'm excited about having two weeks off ... finally I will be able to have time to catch up on writing, with no excuses!
- Jules
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment