Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in so long. I've been really, really busy these past couple of weeks, and I haven't had much time to write. I hate having periods of time where I don't get anything done because I feel like I lose momentum, and when I lose momentum I lose interest, and when I lose interest I get insecure and I beat myself up about it. :(
Anyway, I did go back to take a look at "Smoke and Mirrors." I went over the story plan again and I really like my idea for it - it's just I'm having a little bit of writer's block over Chapter 3. I've been feeling very unmotivated lately. See, this is my problem (and the reason why I never seem to finish a story) - I get bored of what I'm writing very easily! All it takes is one week of not thinking about the story, not devoting myself to it, and then boom! I'm bored, I want to move on to the next thing.
The funny thing is, I do better at novel lengths than I do at short stories (which you'd think would hold my interest more because they're quicker to finish).
Anyway, the reason I'm dawdling on "Smoke and Mirrors" is because I've decided to try to get published. I'm entering a short story contest that I discovered online - grand prize gets $3000 and a free trip to NYC to speak with interested publishers. I think you get money down to 5th place, and then if you land in the top 25 you get a free book or something. But either way, top 25 stories get published in a little anthology of sorts and I think it would be a really cool thing to try for.
I've already got one story written and I'm writing another before I decide which to submit. It's due December 1st, so I have a little bit of time... it's nerve-racking though! But I suppose it's good to be doing something instead of twiddling my thumbs while everyone's NaNoing and being busy and productive.
I don't even know when my two WIPs are going to be finished at HPFF, let alone the two remaining Founders one-shots I have. *tears out hair*
Dear Inspiration,
Please come back.
Love,
Jules
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment