Apparently I have pink eye. What am I, five years old?! I woke up this morning with a really sore right eye and a vague memory of scratching the hell out of it while I was asleep. I guess I need to be more careful with washing my hands and cleaning my contacts properly *guilty* But ANYWAY that doesn't excuse me from the fact that I haven't written anything in two whole nights. I've just been so busy lately with work and classes and all that awesome stuff. I have class again tomorrow night and on Thursday I'll be busy because I met a cute guy who lives in my apartment building and he's coming over for dinner, SOOO... that means Friday will be my writing day. Hopefully. One of my best friends is thinking about throwing her annual "Best Dinner Party of the Year" this weekend and I'm trying to get her to move it because I just need some R&R!! September has been a crazy month.
I got my 700th review for GUTF a couple days ago, and then 2 reviews disappeared, and today I got my 700th review again. Guys, if you are a reviewer and you want to know what makes authors happy - go read Misty's essay. It nearly made me cry. I know that there are harsh critics out there, I know that there are people who don't like my writing, but it's this incredible rush I get when someone enjoys my story that convinces me: this is what I want to do with my life. I'm only 23, I have a billion years left to find out what I really want - but somehow I feel like I already know. I think joining HPFF was the best thing I could have done for myself. The next step is to start writing original stuff and maybe run it past some people who have already been published or know the business.
Moving on, moving on ... so the article for the collaboration didn't turn out so well. I wrote maybe 500 words, erased them, wrote another 500, erased those, and gave up. Sometimes you just can't force yourself. So I gave up on that and started Ch. 16 of GUTF. The goal was originally to post it by this weekend, but what with all of this craziness going on ...
Please check out the eHPF Collaboration. It'll knock your socks off!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Pink eye is always fun. LOL i feel for you, because I just got over an ear infection. A horrible one, and I thought the exact same thing. Am I 5?? I haven't had one since I was 8.
Your life sounds busy and fun! Good luck on your date today/tonight! You'll have to tell us how it went. I'm so glad that you are so certain in what you want to do with your life. I'm a stay at home mom, so I do nothing. To be honest, I'm a little jealous! My life is a little boring!
I'll be looking forward to chapter 16. And I still owe you reviews for all the other chapters. I love the story, I'm just a little lazy about reviewing. Maybe when HPFF is up again, I'll get on that.
And I'm sorry for the mouthful when I've never commented before. You're probably wondering... wtf! But every once in a while, I feel vocal :D
Hey!! It's good to hear from you :) I didn't know you had a blog. I've added you to my list so I can catch up! Yeah the pink eye is getting much, much better - it was a really mild case and I'm suspecting it was some kind of germ that got into my contacts. Ick ... anyway I'm changing the contacts and the case, so hopefully I won't have to wear glasses all next week. Glasses and working out don't really go well together.
Hahaha it wasn't reeeeally a date but thanks! He's sort of taken, which sucks for me, but it's all good. :) At least I made a new friend ... the people in my apt complex aside from my roomie tend to keep to themselves.
Your story is on my to-read list and I'm getting to it very soon!
Aww.. I just saw that you had pink eye! That sucks! Why do we all have to be sick.
I know exactly how you feel when you get a truly complimentary review from someone you respect. It is such a rush. It's definitely weird, but I am so glad I found HPFF, too.
I know - it's such a great outlet for us :) I kind of feel like I can just let it out. And I'm so glad I've found eHPF to nurse my HP addiction too!
Post a Comment