Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh snap! Guess who has Ch. 15 almost done! I came home yesterday, completely exhausted, and I decided that I'd try to write at least another paragraph or two. An hour later, I'd gotten almost 2000 words onto the screen. Amazing! I think that's the best cure for writer's block ever (or in my case, laziness). If you ever struggle with motivation, set aside 15 minutes. Make a goal, like "At the end of 15 minutes, I will write this # of words" or "this many paragraphs." I almost always end up writing more than I planned to.

I am definitely splitting Chapter 15 into two parts. The amount of stuff I have to cover is just too overwhelming to squeeze into one chapter. I'm going to try to write the entire thing at once and then post each part a couple weeks apart, to give everyone time to catch up.

I've noticed that the number of reads for GUTF is rising in a huge way. Thank you so much, but please consider reviewing as well. :) I haven't had very much feedback on the latest chapters and it would mean a lot to know how I'm still doing.
Please criticize - please, please, please don't feel like you have to say only nice things. I have a lot of room to improve and if I want to get published by age 30, I'd better start working now. (7 years left ... eek!)

Thanks again, guys! Keep your eyes peeled for an update!

- Jules

P.S. If you're looking for a really enjoyable story to read, I recommend "Behind the Mask" by onestop_hpfan18.


I caught up on it yesterday and it's wonderful. It's a Cinderella story told from the POV of the "prince." Check it out and leave reviews! :)

2 comments:

JLHufflepuff said...

Wow! You're awesome for almost having that chapter finished! I will have to test your mini-goal-setting for getting writing done. Fifteen minutes is definitely manageable. I guess you could use that to get yourself to do anything - cleaning, (in my case) grading, etc...

Girldetective85 said...

Hee hee I was soooo glad when it was done and posted. *relief* My mini-goal thing usually works but sometimes you're just not in the mood to write and that's fine! I'm excited for VoG, I hope you squeeze in some time between grading those quizzes and disciplining those spitball-throwers!